Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dragging out the meh.....


There's the picture I was trying to upload since last week. Pretty huh? Last night was bittersweet. There were a couple of cancellations and I got to do 10 minutes. Here's the rub. I started the show, which usually means the reaction of the crowd hasn't really set itself yet. I had an okay set. It was about as warm as last Thursday. It was actually a good set, but I could've done better I think. There were 4 new comics last night, and it was a bringer show. I brought my fiance and that was it. Oh well.

As usual, if I don't kill the show, all I've been thinking about since I got off stage is "Am I a bad comic? Should I just give it up?". There's that great self esteem I have eating away at me like an ulcer. I'll do my best to put it behind me and try again on Thursday.

I'm not sure how much time I'll be doing as I've gone from 5 to 10 minutes in 1 week, but I'll plan for 7 for Thursday. Hopefully I'll have a great set, I can't handle doing mediocre.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Dude, you are not mediocre. Come on, let me give you a hug and tell you that everything will be alright.

Mike said...

Didn't you do a set last night? Where is the update, slacker?