Friday, January 05, 2007

No Salmonilla Here!


Last night was another open mic at Bingas Wingas. The crowd was a little smaller, and the number of comics was as well. I guess last month's (which if you recall I didn't do a set because I didn't want to crush a good vibe) show went a little sour towards the end. That might have had something to do with it. Last night I took the bullet and went up first.
I had a pretty decent set. I kept it fairly short, maybe to about 7 minutes or so. All of my jokes hit and every punchline got a laugh. Maybe the laughs were not as loud as I would've liked, but they were laughs all the same. The crowd was a little tough to read on which way my jokes should've gone, but I think it was decent enough, and certainly not a bomb. I have recently got a cold, so my timing was a little off, and my energy was a little low. All in all, it felt pretty good.
Other comics didn't seem to be having the feedback that they were expecting either. It was one of those odd nights that comedy and restaurant didn't seem to want to mix, but I did leave a little early in the night, so it may have turned around. Perhaps Saturday night in Sanford at Spectator's will reveal the laughs I was hoping for, but probably not. I'll show up and tell my jokes, and we'll see what happens.
Thanks for coming through and reading this post, and just know this: Every time a retarded boy laughs, he pees his pants just a little. That's a little nugget of wisdom from me to you.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think I just wet my pants.