Sunday, February 18, 2007

Still Riding High

I still feel great about my performance last week. It was the craziest set I've had, and it was so much fun. It's real hard to describe how great I felt after that show. It was great.

The reason for this post however is not to gloat about that last show, but to let you know that I got my date for Portland's Funniest Professional. It's on March 14th (the day before my birthday) and hopefully all will go well. I can't imagine that it'll go poorly. Once again, my goal isn't to win the competition, I just want a big crowd to go out on. I could almost just not do it based on how well my last show went, but I promised myself I'd finish out my shows.

I'm already missing doing shows. I only need to prepare for another 3-5 minutes of being funny for the competition, but already it feels like something is missing. We'll see if that continues, but I know I'll miss it. And I'll love that there's no more worrying or planning and then being disappointed because either nobody showed up or the crowd wasn't into my humor that night. But through it all, I made some great friends, have some great memories to hold onto, and can say I gave it a shot and often did great. No more mystery there. So hopefully I'll see some folks out at the Comedy Connection on March 14th at 8:00. Who knows, if I do well, there will be another date.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be there with motherfucking bells on rocking a Robtastic T-Shirt. Can't wait to see you kick some ass in Front of a sold out crowd again. My date is on the 21st if you don't got any plans, which is very lucky for me that we weren't on the same night because You would tell jokes in a circle around me then some random girl would show you her boobs then you would get a standing ovation

rob calder said...

One could only hope. Timmy B has your date too. The only other person I know that has the same date as me is Adam Hatch.