Friday, March 16, 2007

I Need Help

And no, I don't mean mental help, although I'm sure that would be appropriate. I basically need help trying to raise funds for the American Cancer Society. I know what you're thinking, Rob this blog is about comedy and foolishness. Be that as it may, if you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that the catalyst for my starting stand-up was based on my own mother's fight with cancer. She may not have made it through, but others can, with help.

Basically I've volunteered for the Relay For Life with my extended family in Rhode Island. I need to raise money through sponsorships, and could really use your help. I have friends that come through this site every now and then and see what I'm up to, and this is important. If you want to donate, that's great, the link will follow. If you know of someone that has been effected by cancer, you know how it can really put a hurt on those people and the families and friends that love them. If you don't want to donate, that's fine, but at least take a minute to either think of someone that might have gone through something like this, or think of how you'd feel if someone close to you had to go through something like this. I'm not trying to guilt anyone into donating, but I don't want you to take my request lightly. Please just give it some thought.

If you chose to donate, you can do so through this link:
http://www.acsevents.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=206337&supId=167937936

Sorry to get heavy there, but make sure to swing through sometime soon for comedy updates. As you know I'm in the semi finals for Portland's Funniest Professional at the Portland Comedy Connection on May 2nd. Also I'm waiting to see about a couple of paying gigs I may be doing in April. If I do confirm those dates I'll certainly post to keep folks informed.

No comments: