Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's To Ya!

Right now it's just a hair past 5:30 AM on the day of Patty. Last night went great. Great crowd, everyone had great sets, and everyone talked up how great George Hamm was as an MC last night. I love working on the Hammy nights, he really charges up the crowd well.

I ended up coming in second place last night. That means I make it to the next round, which is on April 13th, once again at the Comedy Connection. I knew I was having a good set, but I honestly had no idea that I'd continue on. I'm pretty excited about it, because I get another set to add to my repitoire. Lots of the other comics came up to me after my set and congratulated me and told me what a great job I had done. I'm not used to that, but just said "Thanks a lot, I appreciate it," and moved on. Lots of audience members came up after the show to say the same thing. I'm just glad I did well, I had folks up to see the show all the way from Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

I'm also glad my friend Mike caught a good set from me, after all the last show he saw was Lewiston, and that one suuuuuuucked for me. All in all I think everyone had a good time, I feel proud of what I accomplished. Like I said before, it isn't about winning or advancing in the competition, I just wanted to play to a full house. In retrospect though, it does feel pretty good to have advanced.

That's it for now, eggs and kegs is calling. Enjoy your St Patty's. If you were there last night and caught this post, let me know how you liked it. And also if you were there last night, thanks for the support.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Great set last night, the new material was hilarious. I had no doubt that you would advance to the next round.