Thursday, April 20, 2006

Not Good, Not Bad

Last night's set was tepid at best. Here's the deal. I had some funy stuff going on, but I tried to force too much new material in there that I hadn't done and I wasn't selling it very well. I hadn't written out my jokes, so some of them went on too long. I've also come down with a cold and really wasn't up to performing. If you were there last night, I apologize for my involvement. I was actually losing my voice last night, so I was making a concious effort to keep my energy level low. I realize my energy lends a bit to my act.

Hopefully I can shake this cold by Saturday as I have those 2 shows in Sanford. Last night was frustrating, and I probably should have just stayed home, but I still learned something about my stuff last night, so it's okay. Other comics last night had good sets, and Running With Scissors came by and did a great job. There seemed to be a number of people there for that, so I was glad for them.

Other shows coming up this month are the two Saturday shows the 22nd in Sanford, the 26th at the Comedy Connection, and the 30th at the Comedy Connection.

No comments: