Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Quick Update



I just thought I'd throw this post out there, so people didn't think I "fell off". I haven't done any shows for almost 2 weeks. I was thinking of doing Acoustic Coffee last week, but decided to let it go. I've basically been enjoying the very end of summer. No fooling, I kept pretty busy all summer and forgot to smell the roses.

So for the past couple weeks, I've been going to the movies, catching plenty of Sea Dogs and Red Sox games, and as you can see above, I met Bruce Campbell. He seems really cool. It's been a fun couple of weeks, and I'm kind of glad I stepped away from stand-up to refresh.

I have a "booze cruise" Monday with the comics and employees of the Portland Comedy Connection. After that, I finally have a show on Thursday at the Connection as well. I may try and swing out to Slainte after, but probably not. Aside from that, I don't have anything else scheduled, but the 19th of next week, I plan on finally attending Sierra in Gorham to give it a shot. I keep forgetting to give it a try, and now I have plenty of time.

I've been writing and reading books on stand-up for a couple of weeks too, I'm hoping it'll help me with structure, but it makes the writing process that much easier.

I have a long weekend trip coming up in 2 weeks to Toronto with my pals mike and his Brother we call Bandit. I may even put a post in here about that, but where this is a comedy blog that would seem weird. If something "stand-uppish" happens, I'll let you know.

And in closing, let's all keep our calendars clear for Monday November 7th. Comedy Connection Boston here I come! Be there or be a geometrical shape with equal 90 degree angles at all four corners with matching length and widths.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Very cool that you got in to see Bruce Campbell. Evil Dead movies rule. Toronto, here we come, aye.