Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Was It Worth It?

Not really. Last night's show was kind of weak. It was Sierra in Gorham, and once again the crowd was very thin. At least last month the crowd wanted to listen, but last night was regulars that wanted to drink and seemed less inclined to laugh. Those shows are tough. I think I had a pretty decent set, but who knows.

I don't want to give the impression that the crowd didn't laugh at all, but to get them to that point was way more work than I really wanted to put in. It seemed that some stuff that worked for a few people, didn't work for others and vice versa. It was like the polar opposite crowd from last Thursday where comics could almost do no wrong. I don't care that the "joint wasn't rocking" last night. I was just out running material and that was that. It'd just be nice to know if your material was working so that if it was, you can use it on a more appreciative crowd in the future.

I was going to go to Acoustic Coffee tonight, but I just don't feel like going through the same type of show 2 days in a row, so I might blow it off. We'll see, I can never make up my mind to not do a show. If not, next week Wednesday is my next scheduled show, a paying gig in Bangor at Club Gemini. I've heard good things about that club, so we'll give it a shot.

No comments: