Monday, October 30, 2006

Well..... There It Is.

My 1 year anniversary came and went with no fanfare whatsoever. The crowd was a dud, my set was fine, but the crowd wasn't really the type to appreciate my brand of humor. It wasn't a bomb, but it wasn't a success. All things considered, I'd be better off if it'd never happened.

Last night's show was at the Comedy Connection in Portland. Lately they've been having an issue of sorts getting any people into the seats for Showcase shows. It's crowds are a lot like an open mic with no advertising lately. It's kind of sad. Aside from two weeks ago, I haven't been looking forward to doing the Connection shows. When I was starting out, I couldn't wait to do that room, but it's become quiet and the crowds seem less interested.

I won't lie, it bothered me that the show went over so poorly. I thought maybe I'd be able to look at last night, and where I was a year ago, and I was let down. I know I've grown as a comic, but if there's nobody in the forest to hear the tree fall....

I have a few more shows lined up, but I might stop pushing for time at the Portland Comedy Connection for awhile. I think I just don't appreciate it, and somebody else might still want the time there. I have a number of shows booked up through January, nothing for December, but November and January. I think I might let the shows run through and see where I stand. I had a goal when I started to do this for a year, and this will be going over a little bit.

The only goals I have left is to play Boston, which will happen next week, and then 1 more run at the Portland's Funniest Contest. I don't care to win, but the crowd was so good last year, I'd love one more time in front of them.

No comments: