Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Beantown Baby!

Last night was the Faneuil Hall Comedy Connection show. It's a nice big club, and they run the showcase very smoothly. There wasn't too much time in between acts, and most of the folks stuck to their time. It was a bit refreshing. It was also a nice show to do.

The day before the show, I was contacted by two of the people that said they were going to go. Turns out they were just lying whores who deserve to eat shit, but I won't hold that against them. I'm only playing, I probably will hold it against them. It gave me a chance to carpool with my pals Mike and Bandit, and my lovely lady. It was just like any other trip to Boston with my favorite road travelers, except I had to tell jokes at a club.

I was on second. The first guy's set was a little odd, but he made it through. My set went well, even though I was thrown at first because Kevin Knox mispronounced my last name, and that will get in a comic's head. I went through the set I had planned, and threw a couple extras in there too just for good measure. My set went over well, but not great. It felt good enough that I didn't feel guilty people came in to see me and I felt they got a few laughs. The last time both Mike and Bandit went to see me was way back last year (almost to the day) in Lewiston where I had one of my worst experiences. It was nice to kind of redeem myself.

The other comics all had good to great sets. Timmy Brochou had a really good set, which was nice for him because it was his birthday. I'm not going to go too much into the material I had done last night, because I'm planning on posting it to myspace in the next couple of days. You can see it all for yourself and let me know if you want to.

The drive home was nice. We all seemed to have a good time, and we had the White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights blasting. I got the Baja up to the century mark a couple of times, and I was home and asleep before midnight. All in all I'd say it was a success. 3 more shows this week. This Thursday at the Comedy Connection, with the Bingas Wingas show on Portland street right after. Then to The Roost in Buxton on Saturday afternoon for a benefit show to raise money for the Bonney Eagle Robotics Club. Nerds have to buy legos I guess.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Fun trip. "Where the weed at, bitch?".