Thursday, May 04, 2006

Not Sure How That Went

I went into Acoustic Coffee last night to get some time. It was an odd room. I had the crowd for about half my set, then I lost them. Not really sure where I lost them. I sat there for awhile before I went on which kind of was lame, because I showed up at 7:00 and didn't get on until 9:45. The crowd wasn't very reactionary to most of the comics, so I sat there watching people get shot down all night waiting for my chance. Like I said, I started off strong, and by the middle of my set I didn't feel like being there. I think it might have shown in my performance. I tried a new joke about buying a used computer, which sucked the life out of the room, that's probably where the night went south for me.

I know a lot of the comics like to go there to bounce new material, but I wasn't comfortable in the room. The "stage" was at the same level as the audience and the mics kept going in and out. I'm not sure I was so into the free form of the scheduling, the host actually kept saying, I don't f**king know who's coming up next.

Long story short, it was a discouraging night for me. I got some stage time, but don't think it was very beneficial for me. I have no idea if my set really went well or not. I'm not sure if I'll go out of my way to hit that room again. I'm sure it's a great room for some folks to work, but it wasn't my cup of tea (pun). I'm much more comfortable at the Connection. Next show is May 21st, Comedy Connection.

No comments: