Friday, November 24, 2006

Telling Jokes In The Industrial Park

Tonight was in Westbrook Maine at Victory Kart Racing. Not a bad show, or a great one either for that matter. It was okay. My set was fine, but generally my sets depend on a crowd that's enthusiastic to hear jokes and participate a little. This group was not a participation type of crowd.

I had a decent enough set and others did too. It would've been nicer if the crowd was more into it, but it was kind of like the crowd from the other day in Augusta. You take what you can get I suppose. I wasn't really feeling it, and a couple of the other comics weren't as well.

In the end, we ended up putting on a pretty good show, and Dennis Fogg was doing great to close the night. We each got paid in a prepaid $25 gas card for Exxon/Mobil. To me that's ironic, because my real job I sell gas cards, and tonight in my "fake" job I got paid in gas cards. The owner thanked us and was pleased with the turnout. All in all, even though my set didn't go as well as I wanted, it was a good show to be a part of. We were supposed to race before the show, but that didn't happen, but that's fine with me.

Next show is this Sunday at the Portland Comedy Connection. After that, for the time being, the next show is on December 7th at the Comedy Connection Portland, and then the American Legion Hall in Westbrook for a cheerleader benefit on the 9th.

No comments: