Friday, June 09, 2006

Another Great Time At Slainte'

This was my second show there, and just as fun for me as the first. Another great crowd, the new set-up was nice, hell I got to do my set lying on a couch. The crowd wasn't as big as last time, but it was a much more focused group so it was pretty supportive. There wasn't an issue of people talking over the comics like it was before. Really a great night, I can't say enough positive things about the room, comics, and the job Timmy B has done getting this off the ground.

I was the first comic up and I was going to do a 50/50 mix of new and old material. I had about 6 or 7 minutes prepared. Seth (SBP!) Perry and Timmy convinced me to do more time. I'm not sure how much I did, but I'm certain it was over 10 minutes. I'm pretty sure my new stuff was working, some of it got better laughs than the jokes I'd been getting great feedback on. That was a nice feeling. There was a self deprecating gay joke I wasn't sure was too much or not, but apparently it hit the right chord. I had a great set, and lots of fun. Now onto why no picture of Mike's infamous bottle picture, and why Wesley Snipes is on my blog.

At some point after my set, I went outside to get some fresh air. I was chatting it up with S-B-P! and this little black woman came up to us. She'd clearly been drinking heavily and she was very friendly. She came up and leaned into our conversation and said, her man likes her to jiggle his balls. She was just about 5 feet tall and looked like a cross dressing version of Wesley Snipes (no shit!). We said "Oh really?". She went on to tell us that they like to drink, she was fond of Miller Lite, her man likes Maine beer, Shipyard. Seth tells her she's a beautiful woman. Incredulously I peep over at him and he's bolting from the conversation leaving me with Ms. Wesley Snipes all primed. I didn't want to bolt right away, thinking she might think I'm a racist. But then she leans into me and says "You should give me some sweet lovin'". "Excuse me" I said, "but you have a man that needs his balls jiggled and more beer to drink". She said "Yup, you need to give me sweet lovin'". I told her that wasn't a good idea and thanked her for the conversation and excused myself. But still, I'm hoping she doesn't think I'm a racist. I'll get you back for that S-B-P! You just wait ;)

(P.S. Looks like the photo feature of Blogspot is down right now. Pics will be added later on)

No comments: