Sunday, June 04, 2006

One Thing I Didn't Think I'd Ever Say....

I had a good time in Sanford. I realize that the first 2 times I played Sanford, it was probably less than stellar. But I'm warming up to them now. I'm now up 3 good shows to 2. I got to do about 13 minutes worth of stuff with and banter as well. I was hosting last night, and for me, that takes a lot of pressure off. It was another paying gig, but I kept the money this time. Hey, I gotta keep them honest.

Last night I worked with Jerry Caruso and Ace Aceto, both great guys. I'd actually worked with Jerry on my first show in Sanford, so it was nice to have someone that saw me sucking at first come back when I'm more confident and have more material. It reminds me of the Dave Attell joke about going back to the first person he ever made love to and singing... "Look who's not crying, like a big boy!"

There was some crazy woman with a wedding party that kept trying to heckle the comics, and I may have gotten her wound up. She seemed like she might be a problem, so I threatened to dirty dance and hump her. She shut up for me, but she tended to get going again once I was off the stage. Old drunk horny chicks in Sanford, what really can you say? It was "redneck charming".

I had promised a goofy picture of my friend Mike for my next update if nobody sent in a funny face, and nobody came through. Unfortunately, I have all the incriminating photos of him on my work PC, so his stay of execution is going to be held over for this post. But, be rest assured, I have a show at Slainte' this Thursday night starting at 9:00, and if I don't have a goofy photo by then, the infamous juice bottle picture will come out.

1 comment:

Mike said...

For the love of God, people...send him a goofy picture!